What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Ravenswood collects your Personal Information through the Site when you choose to provide such information, such as when you request information about our products by submitting a form through the Site. “Personal Information” means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and/or email address.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We will only use your Personal Information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Note that we may process your Personal Information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
If you are based outside the United States, please note that the Personal Information that you provide through the Site is transferred to the United States (where privacy laws may not be as adequate as in your jurisdiction) to Ravenswood and third parties engaged by Ravenswood to assist in operation of the Site or provide a service to you. By using the Site, you expressly agree to the transfer of the Personal Information to the United States.
Do We Disclose Any Personal Information to Outside Parties?
Disclosures to Third Parties Assisting In Our Operations. Ravenswood may share your Personal Information under confidentiality agreements with other companies that work with, or on behalf of, Ravenswood to provide products and services. These companies may use your Personal Information to assist Ravenswood in its operations. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances. We may provide information about you to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
Automatically Collected Information and Anonymous Information
Each time a Visitor comes to the Site, Ravenswood collects some information to improve the overall quality of the Visitor’s online experience.
Aggregated Data. Ravenswood collects aggregate queries for internal reporting and also counts, tracks, and aggregates the Visitor’s activity into Ravenswood’s analysis of general traffic-flow at the Site. To these ends, Ravenswood may merge information about you into aggregated group data. In some cases, Ravenswood may remove personal identifiers from Personal Information and maintain it in aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Such anonymous, group data may be shared on an aggregated basis with Ravenswood’s affiliates, business partners, service providers and/or vendors; if it does so, Ravenswood will not disclose your individual identity.
Web Server Logs and IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or device you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Ravenswood may use IP addresses to conduct Site analyses and performance reviews and to administer the Site.
By accessing and using the Site, you expressly consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons or other information on your computer or devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us.
The security of your data is very important to Ravenswood. We have implemented appropriate security measures preventing your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. However, you should know that no web site operator, including Ravenswood, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. While Ravenswood has endeavored to create a secure and reliable website for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site or via e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links on the Site
The Site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that Ravenswood is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. When you connect to a website that is linked to our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy statements of that website. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Site.
Response to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, Ravenswood does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Children’s Privacy Protection
Under Age 13
Ravenswood understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. The Site is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children under 13 years of age. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should submit any Personal Information to Ravenswood or the Site.
Under Age 18
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they have provided to Ravenswood through the Site deleted by sending an email to info@RavenswoodSolutions.com requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information that Ravenswood has collected.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Information in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you are located in the European Union (EU), you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the data protection authority based in the country to which you are resident. If you are located in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk) is the relevant data protection authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO or any other data protection authority so please contact us in the first instance.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to info@RavenswoodSolutions.com.
You can mail your request to the following postal address:
ATTN: Maura Kinney
3065 Skyway Court
Fremont, CA, 94539
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
ATTN: Maura Kinney
3065 Skyway Court
Fremont, CA 94539